University of Kentucky- Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies Program Travel Grants for Research
The Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies Program at the University of Kentucky is pleased to invite applications for grants in support of summer research by University of Kentucky graduate students with interests in Latin America and the Caribbean. Awards are $500 for domestic travel and $700 for international travel. Funds can be used for travel, lodging, meals and other research-related expenses.
The competition is open to graduate students from across the University of Kentucky campus. We encourage everyone to apply; however, depending on the number of applications received, priority will be given to students who have not received support in the last two years. Support is available for Master's thesis research and preliminary doctoral dissertation projects. Recipients must spend at least two weeks at the site of research.
Upon return from Latin America or the Caribbean, grantees are required to submit a report detailing their research accomplishment under the terms of the grant and an expense report. Grantees are also required to present their research at a Latin American Studies symposium in the Fall of 2017.
Deadline: March 10, 2017
1) LAS Application form - download here.
2) A two page proposal with the following information
· Description of the project
· Research methodologies & language proficiency skills
· Relationship of the project to academic and professional goals
· A budget detailing how the funds will be used
3) Unofficial UK Transcript
4) Letter of recommendation from UK faculty or mentor that is familiar with the student’s
Send all documentation via email to: LACLAS@uky.edu by March 10.