University of Kentucky- Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies Program Travel Grants for Research
LACLS supports research by University of Kentucky graduate students with interests in Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino studies. Several grants of between $500 and $1000 will be awarded. Funds can be used for travel, lodging, meals and other research-related expenses.
The grant competition is open to graduate students from across the University of Kentucky campus. We encourage everyone to apply; however, depending on the number of applications received, priority will be given to students who have not received support in the last two years and students completing the LACLAS graduate certificate. Support is available for Master's thesis research and preliminary doctoral dissertation projects. Recipients must spend at least two weeks at the site of research.
Upon return from your travel, grantees are required to present their research at the LACLS symposium in the Fall of 2022.
Deadline for Summer grant competition: May 5, 2022
2) A two-page proposal with the following information
· Description of the project
· Research methods & language proficiency skills
· Relationship of the project to academic and professional goals
· A budget detailing how the funds will be used
3) Unofficial UK Transcript
4) Letter of recommendation from a UK faculty member that is familiar with the student’s
Send all documentation via email to the LACLS director